Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Caulking-Gunn@work.com is offline

Default Bulb hard to remove-How to remove light bulb?

On Mon, 18 Nov 2013 12:36:32 -0500, "Tomsic" wrote:

wrote in message
I need to replace a bulb in an outdoor light socket.

Can someone tell me how to remove this broken bulb?

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/y...cket/light.jpg

Is this a "screw-in"type? It's not coming out with normal pressure, I
could put a tool on it and unscrew harder if it's just a normal screw-in
bulb.

thank you,

Bill

It's not a screw-in bulb. The base has straight contact pins so that the
bulb is simply pushed into place and then pulled stright out for
replacement. Since the bulb is broken, take a pair of pliers and grasp the
metal part of the base levering it gently straight out.

Tomsic

Be sure the power is OFF before you do this.....