Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default OT - phone marketers

On 11/18/2013 12:46 PM, WW wrote:

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message ...

Just got (yet another) call from a guy who wants to provide me credit
card processing. I've heard the Youtube one about Mr. Mabe, the the
murder scene. I'm wondering what is some way of dealing with these
drones. Time wasters, for sure. I've got some time on my hands, and
might be interested in a comical way of dealing with them. Maybe I
should play along, and see how much of their time I can waste?

I've not gotten the car warranty for years. Last time, I strung the guy
out. I told him I had a '91 Buick Regal and it has 192,000 miles. Yep,
that warranty sounds real good since I paid $3500 for the car just a
couple of weeks ago.

I could hear the guy choking back a laugh, but he pressed forward, so I
did too. He gave me a price and I agreed. Then he had to figure out how
to get paid. Nope, I don't have a credit card, it is maxed out and
late. Nope, no checking account. Can you stop by on pay day and I'll
give you cash, half now, half next week?