Posted to rec.woodworking

Default 12 volt lithium battery drill/impact driver- recommendations?

Leon wrote:
On 11/17/2013 5:50 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 11/17/2013 6:15 PM, wrote:

Do you really turn the entire entertainment system off when you
leave the house? Amazing. Our satellite box would go bonkers. You must
love resetting clocks. ;-)

We were having some less than a second power blips that would knock
out the sat receiver. It was such a PITA that I finally put it on a
UPS. Problem solved.

Problem may not be solved. My BIL had his satellite system on a UPS
to take care of the blips then one day when they were away from the
house for a few hours because the power had gone out for an extended
period of time the UPS went dead and the satellite tuner/DVR
permanently freaked out because of the low voltage coming from the
UPS as it was running out of back up power. He created his own brown
out machine. The whole tuner/DVR had to be replaced.

Crappy UPS in that case. A decent UPS would provide signalling to shut down
the system at the point where power was getting marginal. Another case of
people not knowing or caring enough to really understand, and simply buying
blind eye, wishful confidence.

--

-Mike-