Posted to alt.home.repair
YouraPeon YouraPeon is offline

Default How does the typical mains power connect in the USA anyway?

On Sunday, November 17, 2013 8:42:15 PM UTC-5, Danny D'Amico wrote:
Here is a picture of the incoming wires to my main circuit breaker:

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2886/1...21cf1404_o.gif

If we follow those three wires *back* to the nearest transformer, what

do they look like (in terms of phase relationship to each other)?

If we follow those three wires *forward* to the first circuit breaker,

what do they look like (in terms of connection to the literal earth of

the ground)?

Note: This question is an offshoot of a 220v dryer question; but this

question is asked to get to the root of *what* it is that is entering

the house in the first place.

I may have worked for your dad in Miami before George Bush and the CIA kidnapped me and broke my back.
Violently overthrow the US government