nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

This web page won't put up my posts if they're more than about 10 or 15 lines long.

Danny:

In the following e-mail address, each letter has been replaced with the letter or symbol to the right of it on a standard Qwerty keyboard.

If you can e-mail me, I'll send you a write-up that answers your question on what goes on both upstream and downstream of your electrical panel.

m l r ; r n s u # o ; p d / m r y

Leave out the spaces and type the letters to the left of the ones shown above to get my correct e-mail address. I put spaces in because if you type the letters r and n without a space between them, it looks like an m, and for this to work, the e-mail address you type has to be exactly correct.

So far as an electrical spark inside the dryer goes, I would look for any wires inside the dryer that are rubbing against the rotating dryer drum. In time, the drum will rub it's way through the insulation, and contact the copper conductor. Then, depending on WHICH wire is rubbing against the drum, you can get a shock from the dryer by touching the drum while it's running, or only when the heating element is heating, or only during the Permanent Press cool down cycle, or whatever. I'd at least make sure that no wires are touching the rotating drum.

Last edited by nestork : November 18th 13 at 07:30 AM