Simon Avery

Default Childrens swings. Prevent chains tangling?

Terry wrote:

Hello Terry

T| Do it your selfers/home repairers please help.
T| Six swings in local school yard suspended by chains. Good
T| strong commercially built equipment, built of galvanized
T| tubing set into the ground. Overall structure is fine. Some
T| teens deliberately swing seats up and over and around
T| etc. and tangle the chains them so swings become
T| unusable. Haven't we all done it, or tried, at some time?

Not me!

(Didn't see me, can't prove anything)

T| :-) Yeah, for sure. You did so! Seeking suggestions as how
T| to make that very difficult and to do it easily without
T| major modifications, if possible? One idea so far is to put
T| something rigid within the links of the chain in the top few

Think of bike securing chains. They're encased in a plastic tube which
prevents tangling. I'd guess a thickish hose slid over the links would
still give enough flexibility to be usable, but prevent such tangling.

--
Simon Avery, Dartmoor, UK
uk.d-i-y FAQ: http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/