Posted to alt.home.repair
ChairMan[_6_] ChairMan[_6_] is offline

Default leaf blower/vac/mulcher - do they work?

In ,
belched:
On Friday, March 30, 2001 9:01:36 AM UTC-7, Carol Riseing wrote:
IMO leaf blowers are a noisy nuisance. Unless you are disabled why
not rake the leaves. If there are too many of them for you then
hire some neighbourhood kids to rake them for you. I have a chronic
illness and am extremely sensitive to noise and when my neighbours
power up their leaf blowers in the fall I find it extremely
unpleasant. I feel that I have a right to be comfortable in my own
home and that noise pollution is making this more and more difficult
all the time

Ken Johnson wrote:

Hi, after getting swamped with leaves last fall, I am desperately in
need of a new more powerful leaf blower. I was thinking about
getting the blower/vac combo. Can anybody tell me if these are
effective? Does the vacuum/mulching operation really work or will
a lot of leaves simply overwhelm it? Any recommendations on
brands/size?

Thanks very much in advance.

KJ

I REALLY REALLY HATE THE NOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!BUT I Am disabled and I
can't get my neighbor to cut down the friggn' maple that is south of
me and all the leaves blow up into my garage and house...so I may
join the crowd of Noisy...at least I can do it while they are at
work....they don't show me that courtesy...;-)

after 12 years, I'm sure the noise has dissipated