Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default shower pan leveling

On Sat, 16 Nov 2013 21:07:17 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

"Oren" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 16 Nov 2013 20:30:27 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

"Ivan Vegvary" wrote in message
Inherited a bathroom project. Basement, slab floor, shower pan
installed
(32in x 32 in) already installed but on a slope. It is about 3\8 in.
out
of level. My odc prevents me from not correcting this even though it
does
drain. Three options.
1. Pull pan and level concrete slab.
2. Pull pan and carve away on fiberglass ribs.
3. Pull pan and shim (possibly roof shingles) floor.
All advice appreciated. Note: There is no shower stall yet. Just pan
with surrounding studs. Pan has not been affixed to studs.
Ivan Vegvary

On second thought, leave the pan as is, and just relocate the drain.

Why move the drain?

So you don't have to build up the sides.

.... leveling the pan is easier than cutting the pan and/or slab to
move a drain. Patching the original pan hole or the mess from cutting
the slab for pipe changes.