Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Caulking-Gunn@work.com is offline

Default lithium battery cordless tool user question- the charger

On Sun, 17 Nov 2013 07:51:16 -0700, RobertMacy
wrote:

On Sun, 17 Nov 2013 07:45:48 -0700, patrick wrote:

After reading a bit on the care and feeding of a lithium battery,it
appears the battery would benefit from slow charging as opposed to the
fast charge that all the supplied chargers I've looked at thus far,
supply. Is anyone aware of a charger they received with their tool that
allows that option? Failing to have that, has anyone managed to connect
a tool battery to a intelligent lithium charger and managed a charge.
I'm guessing that the circuitry on board the battery might not allow
that. Thanks Pat

Don't care now that Rockwell supplies a 'lifetime' warranttee on their
battery - reason I sprung for the tool to begin with, plus supplied TWO
batteries and charger station, so never run out of power.

That sounds like a good deal. The battery is usually the first thing to
go on those tools, and it's always cheaper to buy a new tool than
replace the battery.

I wish the chargers could be plugged into the tool, so the tool could be
used as a corded tool when there is power handy. Why wear out the
batteris when there is an outlet handy.....