Jay Pique

Default Speaker box question

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 15:15:08 -0500, "Swingman" wrote:

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

OK, now for the questions. The front I plan to make a straight vertical
strip about 2" high and then set the face at about 15 degrees. Any reason
not to? Speakers will be mounted side by side.

I'm planning to use biscuits and glue it together.

Personally, I would use rabbet joints, glue and screws on speaker boxes ...
most of the top end speakers are made this way.

Would lock miters be as strong here? Any benefit? I'm just not sure
of the usefulness of screws in MDF. If the glue joint fails it seems
the screws would give loose too.

JP

Should I make one of the
panels in two pieces, leaving a section unglued for access to wires? I'd
just screw it in place and use some sort of gasket material.