U-CDK_CHARLES\\Charles

Default Speaker box question

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 19:53:13 GMT, Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
I'm building a speaker box at the request of my grandson. With information
from a thread long ago and excellent information supplied by Dean Reece, I'm
somewhat prepared to start. I'm not prepared to listen to them once
installed, but that is a whole 'nuther story.

Speakers are Infinity 12.1 12" woofers. Box will be 3/4" MDF lined with
fiberfill. I have a sketch from Nathan that shows an angled front, about
16" high, 16" deep at the base, 12" deep at the top. It is 36" long. It will
be a sealed box with no port.

DAGS for "winISD." Download and install the "beta" version.

Get the "Theile/Small" parameters from the manufacturers website if it's
not already in the database.

That program has TONS of information about how to make the box.

For materials, High Density Fibreboard is often recommended by
driver manufacturers, but of course it can't get wet. Void-free birch
ply is probably Good Enough.

You need to line the box with at least an inch of something fluffy. A
roll of 3-1/2" fibreglass is, again, probably Good Enough.