Edwin Pawlowski

Default Speaker box question

I'm building a speaker box at the request of my grandson. With information
from a thread long ago and excellent information supplied by Dean Reece, I'm
somewhat prepared to start. I'm not prepared to listen to them once
installed, but that is a whole 'nuther story.

Speakers are Infinity 12.1 12" woofers. Box will be 3/4" MDF lined with
fiberfill. I have a sketch from Nathan that shows an angled front, about
16" high, 16" deep at the base, 12" deep at the top. It is 36" long. It will
be a sealed box with no port.

OK, now for the questions. The front I plan to make a straight vertical
strip about 2" high and then set the face at about 15 degrees. Any reason
not to? Speakers will be mounted side by side.

I'm planning to use biscuits and glue it together. Should I make one of the
panels in two pieces, leaving a section unglued for access to wires? I'd
just screw it in place and use some sort of gasket material.

I have no ideas what he is using for an amp or anything else. The car is
not even registered or on the road yet, but this must be done first when you
are 17 years old.

--
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome