Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default Heavy duty sewing shops?

Ignoramus26083 wrote:
I have a military M923 truck that I want to sell soon. This truck has
a heavy vinyl "soft top" for the cab, which is supposed to be attached
to a C shaped rubbery plastic strip that is used to hook it up to the
cab.

I have both the top and the strip. At some point, they were sewn
together, but the seam came apart. This is unsightly. I want to find
some shop that can sew such thick and hard stuff together.

Does someone know what sort of business I should look for in yellow
pages. I tried some searches and did not come up with much.

Look for a place that does boat canvas or tent making. Also auto
upholstery or leather work.

--
Steve W.