Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Discenza Tony Discenza is offline

Default Honeywell circuit board wiring harness short Bryant furnace

So, I guess I should ask. Are there two connectors?

No, just one. I edited the photo below to identify the wiring harness in question.

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o..._ST9103A-1.jpg

With respect to your view of the way I was treated on the service call (got robbed), it took the guy 45 minutes to identify the problem. Once identified, he did offer to continue working in an effort to correct the problem (he made a couple of off the cuff suggestions as to what he would do ... cleaning the connections, looking into replacing the harness if cleaning didn't work. At that point, at $90 per hour, I decided to take the ball into my own hands and run with it. So, while I wasn't happy with amount of the bill, I didn't think I had a leg to stand on had I attempted to haggle. I suppose I could've beefed about paying for his time to swap out a switch that was fine to begin with (15 minutes of the 45 minutes he was on the job) but other than that, I understand that he's gotta get paid for his time by his company. He made a point to tell me he didn't charge me for the new switch and he also did a smoke test on the way out the door, showing me a clean test paper indicating a unit running clean.

Thanks for your reply. I'll attack the problem in the manner you suggest (isolating the connector or the individual wire).