Posted to alt.home.repair
Wes Groleau Wes Groleau is offline

Default Free Gas Leak Test and Repair?

On 11-15-2013, 12:12, DerbyDad03 wrote:
One guy approached me and said they he wanted to set up a time when I would
be home for a few hours so they could have access to the house to relight
any pilot lights after replacing the service from the street to the meter.

Knowing how clueless some people can be, having them offer to relight
every one's pilot lights is a pretty smart idea.

I was once paid to be a live-in aide for some old guy.

I offered to bake a cake.

He went to the oven, turned on the gas, hobbled over to the
refrigerator, felt around on top of it till he found the matches,
hobbled back over to the oven, and proceeded to demonstrate that
he could not move fast enough to strike a match.

I was just a teen, so I didn't realize the safest thing to do would be
to turn off the oven first and then ask him to let me do it.

But I was smart enough to know that what was happening was not safe.

So I snatched the match out of his hand, swiped it on my pants, and
stuck it in. BOOM!! first degree burns all the way to my elbow.

--
Wes Groleau

€œTo know what you prefer, instead of humbly saying
Amen to what the world tells you you should prefer,
is to have kept your soul alive.€
€” Robert Louis Stevenson