Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Free Gas Leak Test and Repair?

bob haller wrote:
well around here they replaced all the lines around my moms home.
Equitable gas pressure tested the exterior line, and did relight pilots
but did not pressure test interior lines. just a quick safety walk thru

normal gas pressure is about 1/2 pound or less locally

pressure test is 10 pounds or sometimes 70 pounds. a friend smelled gas
and reported it thinking the leak was from a neighbor. neighbors line was
leaking they got a red tag.

but they pressure tested his home and red tagged it too.

he had to have all his gas line indoors replaced, after failed pressure
test. his 1950 era lines had cnnections no longer approved with minor leaks.

Well, this should be fun then. Assuming no one in my neighborhood has had
their interior lines replaced, my 1956 lines are the newest around. My
house was the last house built on the 2 blocks where the mains were
replaced. Some houses date to back to the 30s. If my house fails, I gotta
assume every other house will fail to.