Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Shocked!

"Wes Groleau" wrote in message
On 11-15-2013, 01:56, Robert Green wrote:
voltage meter (thanks again, Nate for the referral). I can say with
certainty if a newbie's life depends on reading this sucker correctly

the
first time out, he's going to die. Depending on where the dial is set

you
can get voltage from a stone. After a while I am getting the hang of it

but
it's pretty tricky and is wildly effected by RF emanations. Dimmers,

TV's,

That's what I was referring to in one of my posts when I said a similar
tool is not for the untrained. (Didn't use that word, but I'm too lazy
to go back and find it.)

I remember that someone said that but I, too was too lazy to go back to
look. (-: Now we know.

Still, it is the right tool for the job with a dash of OJT. I had an
unadjustable unit before I picked up the Sperry and that one *really*
sucked. This one's a whole lot better although the adjustment dial feels a
little flimsy. Not sure it's going to hold up but I also doubt I will be
using it every day.

-
Bobby G.