Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Discenza Tony Discenza is offline

Default Honeywell circuit board wiring harness short Bryant furnace

Shut the power off, remove the board, resolder the connector pins on the board and it should be good to go.

Sounds like something within my abilities. I just might give it a go, thanks.

Could be corrosion on the connector, pins, etc. too.

Any tips on how to clean the pins and connector? Pipe cleaner? Something a bit more abrasive?

You have to wonder about the service tech that charges $164 and relies on "postioning the harness" to keep it working.

Especially knowing that eventually (probably due to the vibration that occurs each time the unit fires) the problem will reoccur, which in fact did happen today. They get $85 for the call and $90 per hour one on the job. How should I have handled this? He was in fact at the house for 45 minutes? Should I have objected to the hourly rate because the fix was so simple? He did offer to replace the board (or at least dig deeper) at additional expense to me for his time. At that point I showed him the door, knowing that I might be able to address this myself, at 100% less in labor.

Thanks again folks.