Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Rick[_23_] Rick[_23_] is offline

Default Nexxtech TV picture doesn't fill the screen

"Phil Allison" wrote
** No one familiar with electronics calls what they do "electrical".
So what is your "background" actually in ?
What if any test gear do you have ?
Access to any components like ICs and electros that might be found in a
CRT TV set ?
.... Phil

Ok I'll bite. "No one" wouldn't neccessarily include those where
English is their second language.
My "background" is an electromechanical Journeyman / Apprenticeship
- not sure what the English equivalent is.
I have owned a variety of test gear, including a scope.

I have fixed or *modified* dozens of VCRs (Beta, SVHS, Hi8), the odd
TV, lots of communication-types of radios, and done some minor surface
component work.

Time is valuable -- particularly when TVs are not your specialty,
so just trying to get some ideas from those who deal with that sort of
thing on a regular basis.

No offence taken though, Phil, you provide a lot of valuable input
otherwise.