Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] stratus46@yahoo.com is offline

Default Nexxtech TV picture doesn't fill the screen

On Thursday, November 14, 2013 6:14:33 PM UTC-8, Rick wrote:
I have a B&W 5" CTR Nexxtech TV, model 1612002 (used as a lobby monitor),

which when switched on, only displays the top half of the picture normally,

while the bottom half is squashed into a narrow bright horizontal band.

You can sort of make out that the rest (bottom) of the picture is upside

down. After it's been on for a while, the bottom half starts to extend

further down, and becomes right side up, but is still squashed, so a 1/4

of the screen remains blank. Other than the brightness and V-hold, there

are no other adjustments inside or outside.

Does anyone have any ideas where to look for the reason for this? I have an

electrical background (not with TVs though), so replacing parts would not be

a problem. Any hints would be appreciated. -Rick

You almost certainly have a dried out capacitor in the vertical deflection amplifier. Just a guess but I bet it's 1000 to 2200 uF very near the vertical amp. This happens all the time with Sony CRT monitors.