Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Dishwasher - don't rinse first?

On Wed, 13 Nov 2013 20:58:51 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

I don't know about the "schmutz" factor nor your laziness claim, but
Consumer Reports says it's about the energy that's wasted when pre-rinsing.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/n...-job/index.htm

Not only do you waste water (6000 gallons per year?) but you waste the
energy required to heat it.

Consumer Reports uses the worst possible scenario figures. No reason to
heat the rinse water. Where did the 16 gallons a day come from? I bet
I don't use half a gallon on the worst day. I gave up reading CR
decades ago for just that reason. Can't trust them.