Posted to sci.electronics.repair
gareth magennis gareth magennis is offline

Default Nikon Capture.

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message ...

"Gareth Magennis" wrote in message ...
"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message ...

"Michael Black" wrote in message
news:alpine.LNX.2.02.1311141503030.22053@darkstar. example.org...

I just saw something suggesting taking a webcam and
reversing the lens, so it works better for close up work.

How do you intend to reverse a lens that presumably
cannot be removed from the camera?
The camera is already designed for "close ups", so I don't
see how that would help.

William, you have a habit of spouting off ignorant garbage
at anything you are not familiar with.
Please stop that, and do a little research first before posting, eh.

Ignorant garbage, eh? You have really stepped into it.

More than 40 years ago, I owned a 52mm reversing ring for my Nikon. It was a
handy way to take a quick close-up.

It was generally felt that reversing the lens produced better image quality
than using plus lenses. The tradeoff was that the reversing ring wasn't
usable
over as wide a range.

I would like to know how one would remove the lens from a Webcam and
reverse,
without tsuris.

William, you really haven't researched this at all.

Why not Google for a few minutes.
You might actually find out things that you never knew was possible, rather
than just relying on the "truth" that resides soley in your own rather
outdated head.

Gareth.