Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Nikon Capture.

"Gareth Magennis" wrote in message ...
"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message ...

"Michael Black" wrote in message
news:alpine.LNX.2.02.1311141503030.22053@darkstar. example.org...

I just saw something suggesting taking a webcam and
reversing the lens, so it works better for close up work.

How do you intend to reverse a lens that presumably
cannot be removed from the camera?
The camera is already designed for "close ups", so I don't
see how that would help.

William, you have a habit of spouting off ignorant garbage
at anything you are not familiar with.
Please stop that, and do a little research first before posting, eh.

Ignorant garbage, eh? You have really stepped into it.

More than 40 years ago, I owned a 52mm reversing ring for my Nikon. It was a
handy way to take a quick close-up.

It was generally felt that reversing the lens produced better image quality
than using plus lenses. The tradeoff was that the reversing ring wasn't usable
over as wide a range.

I would like to know how one would remove the lens from a Webcam and reverse,
without tsuris.