Dave in Fairfax

Default Jointer planes

Fred the Red Shirt wrote:
No, no mix up. I just thought 'edge' was clearer than 'side'.
A flat rectangular board has 6 sides, two are faces, two are edges,
two are ends. If you just say 'side' it is clear to me that you
mean the edge, but that might not be clear to others

OK, just so long as we're both singin' from the same page.

Here's nit, please don't be annoyed, but complimentary angles sum
to 90 degrees, supplimentary angles sum to 180 degrees. You actually
want supplimentary bevel angles when edge jointing boards.

You're right, and that's what I was thinking of, a brain fart, I'm
afraid.

I don't see how a shooting board could be used to edge joint
a board, though I have heard jointing referred to as 'shooting
the edge' of the board, by Roy Underhill.

But now I do see is illustrated at a page on the website you
mentioned:
http://www.amgron.clara.net/planingp...ubjointing.htm
Live and learn.

I'ts a great website. Easy to go through and incredibly informative.

Where do we find the sketch?

It was ASCII art in an earlier message. Which, of course, I now can't
find.

Ah, but if you get a jointe, you'll love using it. A #7 or #8 is
an impressive tool and when you're not truing boards you can whop
pit bulls on the head with it.

Yup and it's good for correcting my daughter, too. %-)

Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to-is-disabled-due-to-spam

Member:
America Associaton of Woodturners
www.woodturner.org
http://www.woodturner.org/community/...s/aawlocal.cfm

Capital Area Woodturners
http://capwoodturners.org

Potomac Antiqe Tools and INdustries Association
www.patinatools.org