Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Dishwasher - don't rinse first?

Red Green wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote in
:

Oren wrote:
On Wed, 13 Nov 2013 12:34:47 -0800 (PST), Higgs Boson
wrote:

Have seen lately publicity for new dishwashers that actually WANT
the user to not rinse off particlate matter before placing item in
DW. They seem to claim that the DW is actually DESIGNED to work
better with a lil' bit of schmutz.

I can see catering to very lazy people by not requiring rinsing
before insertion, but redesigning the whole thing for them?

This sounds nuts to me. Is it true? If so, is there a solid
technical reason why the DW is so designed?

TIA

It was a liberal thing from you liberals that government knows best.

You can't think for yourselves. How's that Hope and Change thing
working out?

Are you taking lessons from Stormy?

Why can't we get back to leaving posts that are actually relevant to
a.h.r. alone and just answer the question? Why does every thread have
to end up as a bashing of one political side or the other?

Because it's the Internet...plain and simple.

BS

Stolen without permission from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet

"The Internet is a global system of interconnected computer networks that
use the standard Internet protocol suite (TCP/IP) to serve several billion
users worldwide. It is a network of networks that consists of millions of
private, public, academic, business, and government networks, of local to
global scope, that are linked by a broad array of electronic, wireless and
optical networking technologies."

Nothing in that definition even remotely explains the rationale behind
someone reading a simple home repair related question and responding with
comment in which they either express their own political views or bash
someone else's.

My question goes unanswered, but you know what? I'm not really looking for
an answer. I just hoping that perhaps I can plant a seed that might make
people think twice before hijacking a thread right from the get-go.

I've been reading a.h.r since the 80s. Others have been here even longer.
Back in the day, a.h.r. questions were responded to with relevant
suggestions and advice using essentially same internet that we use today.
You can't blame it on a technology, you can only blame it on people. It's
people who decide what to type and it's people who decide whether to hit
send or not.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=H27l-de9OjI