Posted to alt.home.repair
Higgs Boson[_2_] Higgs Boson[_2_] is offline

Default Dishwasher - don't rinse first?

Have seen lately publicity for new dishwashers that actually WANT the user to not rinse off particlate matter before placing item in DW. They seem to claim that the DW is actually DESIGNED to work better with a lil' bit of schmutz.

I can see catering to very lazy people by not requiring rinsing before insertion, but redesigning the whole thing for them?

This sounds nuts to me. Is it true? If so, is there a solid technical reason why the DW is so designed?

TIA