Posted to uk.d-i-y
SteveW[_2_] SteveW[_2_] is offline

Default OT Speed awareness courses

On 13/11/2013 16:23, Adrian wrote:
On Wed, 13 Nov 2013 16:12:49 +0000, SteveW wrote:

She is actually perfectly capable of dealing with things beyond what
she'll meet, but is stressed by knowing in advance that she's going to a
new area, far more so with someone observing her. That's one of the
reasons for not driving the first trip somewhere herself - assessment of
new patients usually requires two staff and a new area and feeling that
a collegue is observing her would be too close to a driving test, hence
let them drive her to a new patient rather than the other way round!
She'd She has enough stress in her life and there is no reason to add to
it.

Over the years I have done numerous exams and the only ones I have been
nervous about while doing them are the driving test, observed practicals
and presentations - it's not the pressure of the exams that is the
problem, it's the pressure of having someone watching you. Many people
would fail unnecessarily, just due to that.

WTF is her reaction if a TrafPol car happens to follow her?

Why should that be a problem? Having someone sat next to you and
watching your every movement, even your eye movements is far, far worse.

SteveW