Owain

Default Property Ladder hurrah!

"Lobster" wrote
"Christian McArdle" wrote
| I thought that idea of having the downstairs bathroom was pure
| inspiration, allowing a separate bathroom and still having a
| dining area and a larger kitchen.
| Why not an internal bathroom at the top of the stairs, positioned
| between the two bedrooms? Could have used that redundant Velux
| rather more effectively too!

ARAICR the stairs ran across the whole width of the house, so would probably
have involved some even more tortuous corridor arrangements. There wasn't
any space to spare.

Although I think a downstairs bathroom for the second bedroom could be an
adverse selling point for a family home (little Johnny wanting a wee in the
middle of the night) for an adult house-share the asset of having a second
bathroom would outweight the disadvantage of it being downstairs, and
buy-to-let was a major target market. I think it would have been about the
best to do with an awkward house.

But what twits spend about £3,500 on a kitchen in a 2-up 2-down and don't
even fit a draining board.

They did tidy the back yard up nicely though, which is something overlooked
by most of the comba^Wcontestants.

Owain