Posted to uk.d-i-y
SteveW[_2_] SteveW[_2_] is offline

Default OT Speed awareness courses

On 03/11/2013 23:52, bm wrote:
On 03/11/2013 21:49, Adrian wrote:
On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 21:40:51 +0000, dennis@home wrote:

The maximum safe speed is the speed limit (or less)

So if 60mph was "safe" on a particular stretch of road yesterday, 31mph
will be "unsafe" today, even if the only difference is the removal of
some binbags?

as other road users won't be expecting some idiot doing twice the limit
and may well do something that it is normally safe to do.

Perhaps the most basic tenet of defensive driving is to expect the
unexpected, and to prepare for ****s doing barking mad things.

That's exactly how I drive. Treat every other road user as a complete
tosser (alias lootenant) and you won't go far wrong.

At the start of my first paid for driving lesson I was asked what was
the first rule of the road. The instructor wanted the response "Drive on
the left," but my response was "Assume everyone else is out to get you."
I still think I was right!

SteveW