Posted to uk.d-i-y
SteveW[_2_] SteveW[_2_] is offline

Default OT Speed awareness courses

On 05/11/2013 11:42, tony sayer wrote:
In article o.uk, Dave
Liquorice scribeth thus
On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 12:05:34 -0000, Gefreiter Krueger wrote:

Here, it's the countryside - narrow lanes, etc, - that have the

lower
limits

How odd. I've never seen a lane with a limit on it,

Can't think of any around here either.

... and always thought it crazy that you could go faster on a narrow
road with blind bends than in a built up area on a straight with
excellent visibility.

Who will come of worse between a tractor and a car?

A large rabbit or even a pheasant can take out a headlight or smash a
radiator grill. A sheep would probably cause serious damage, roe deer
have long thin legs so will tend to get scooped up and have a good go
at coming through the windscreen. A red deer, probably will come
through the windscreen, you might survive...

Mate of mine had a new "ish" BMW written off by a wayward horse!..

A cow derailed a train once;!... 13 dead and 61 injured..

I remember that. I think that there was a bit of a fuss at the time as
the train was being run push-pull - pulled as normal to one end of the
line and pushed back to save moving the loco to the other end. I don't
know if that was to save time, effort or of there were no facilities for
running round the train at one or both ends of the line.

SteveW