Posted to uk.d-i-y
SteveW[_2_] SteveW[_2_] is offline

Default OT Speed awareness courses

On 2013-11-04, Apellation Controlee wrote:
On Mon, 04 Nov 2013 07:34:39 +0000, Chris J Dixon
wrote:

charles wrote:

Sometimes you have to read the label, too. there's a mile stretch of dual
carriageway near here which has 50mph signs posted.

Interesting one near me.

50 eastbound
http://goo.gl/maps/AAKev

NSL westbound
http://goo.gl/maps/c9QbE

That's unusual. I know stretches where the limit reduces to 30mph for
several hundred yards approaching a roundabout (not such a bad idea in
some circumstances) and, as a result, the opposite carriageway,
carrying traffic in the other direction, away from the roundabout, is
also restricted to 30mph (pointless, frustrating and inviting
infringement).

Not the A470 from the A55 to Llandudno, by any chance. That has a whole
series of ludicrous 30 restrictions at each of the roundabouts.

The particular case I have in mind is the A34 from Wilmslow towards
Manchester. This is the stretch where many Manchester United
footballers dream up excuses about being pursued by paps.

ISTR that the whole section was originally NSL except for the last 40
mph section, but they had a lot of accidents.

It's another of those ridiculous roads crying out for split level
junctions instead of grade level. Particularly the last junction before
the motorway where there's always queuing traffic.

SteveW