Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Automatic drain for compressor that drains into a bucket

On Tue, 12 Nov 2013 11:50:30 -0600, Ignoramus11549
wrote:

I have a 10 HP compressor that we use quite a bit, so it accumulates a
fair amount of water in the tank.

The tank is a horizontal tank with a drain on the bottom.

I would like to find some good solution to draining that water that
would quietly drain water into a bucket. I recall seeing one drain
like this at some factory. I do not remember how it worked, but it was
some copper line from the compressor bottom, going up, then there was
something clever, and it drained nicely into a bucket.

A lot of "electronic" drains simply open a valve every 45 seconds. I
do not like this design, as it wastes air and is noisy.

Also note that if I drain the bottom of a horizontal tank, water would
be mixed with air, so the drain needs to be able to deal with that.

Any suggestions?

Anytime you drain water off the bottom of a compressed air tank..it
can be noisy. fact of life. Now..if you route that drain house
outside or somewhere not in your hearing...it becomes much less noisy.

And most of the automatic drains are programmable...5 minutes, 30
minutes...1 hour...6 hours etc

The elves wont do it for you unless you have really really good
connections.

There are some that might fit your requirements...but wallet shock may
be impressive..

http://www.nationalpneumatic.com/img...tic-drains.pdf

http://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Auo.../dp/B00273WV78

and of course...Harbor Freight sells a decent enough unit.

Gunner

--
Liberals want everyone to think like them.
Conservatives want everyone to think.

---