RichardS

Default circular saw recommendations

"Paul Mc Cann" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 15:00:39 -0000, "RichardS" noaccess@invalid
wrote:

snip
what was it that caused the kickback to occur, and how severe was it?

snip

Its some time ago. In retrospect I think I was trying to correct the
cut line and was too forceful. The saw kicked back with a helluva of a
jump,and as I was holding the guard up by hand, having just started a
plunge cut, when it jumped back the spinning blade was exposed. I was
kneelingon the stock at the time

another close shave snipped

aha. bet you won't be recreating that particular set of operating
circumstances again then!!! I've filed it in my "beware" memory location
anyway...

touch wood, havne't suffered kick back from a circular saw yet. I'll try
and keep it that way.

cheers
Richard

--