J T

Default Best entry level drill press

Thu, Jul 8, 2004, 3:24pm wants to know:
Can you suggest a good entry level drill press. Ryobi, Delta ???????? or
other

I've read the other responses. My response is, it depends.

Depends on a number of things, as usual. How much you got to
spend? What do you want to use iit for? Drilling holes in wood will
never require the accuracy that some metal drilling will. Etc., etc.,
etc.

I've got a $50 Harbor Freight bench model drillpress that handles
most of my drilling needs, in metal, or wood. The rest is taken care of
with a B&D drill. Both are plenty accrate enough.

What I don't do, is use both every day, or to make a living with
them. If I used them every day, I might, or might not, get something
else. If I was concerned with making a living with them. I'd have
heavier duty versions of both. As is, I doubt I'll replace my HF model.

JOAT
What we see depends mainly on what we look for.
- Sir John Lubbock