Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vir Campestris Vir Campestris is offline

Default OT Speed awareness courses

On 10/11/2013 21:58, gremlin_95 wrote:

Quite impressive. I travel by bus to get to work and the journey
involves a lot of NSL A-roads, I was quite impressed how quickly and
smoothly the buses come to a complete stop when going down hill at full
pelt (56-62mph). The auto box seems to drop down gears as it slows down
to increase the braking effect.

I use the guided bus. Under acceleration the auto box keeps the revs
around 1500; under braking it takes it much higher.

But this means it decelerates at maybe a sixth of a G. Not enough to
make me fall over, standing and not holding on. My car will exceed a G.

Andy