Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D'Amico Danny D'Amico is offline

Default Garage door torsion spring broken ... and ... I have no

On Tue, 29 Oct 2013 00:38:17 +0000, Danny D'Amico wrote:

I'll remove and install everything (probably in about an hour).

I was just checking this thread to see if anyone updated it,
and noticed this prediction of mine.

In a perfect world, replacing both springs would take about
an hour; but it took me, oh, about 3 hours, I'd say, in toto.

Of course, that's because I had to take time to review the videos
on the DDM Garage Doors site, and, unfortunately, because I made the
mistake of putting the bearings on backward (hence, I actually did
the job three times).

Hmmm mmmm... I guess, since I did the job 3 times, and it took me
3 hours, that averages out to about an hour ... in the end.