Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default Mosaic tiles - cheap and easy?

On 11/11/2013 02:58, John Rumm wrote:
On 10/11/2013 08:40, RJH wrote:

I've just had the kitchen skimmed, so a reasonable surface for tiles. My
past efforts have been pretty poor though - just looks like it's been
done by somebody not very good at tiling. I don't seem to have the
eye/hand for it.

Might these be a better bet:

http://www.wickes.co.uk/decorative-t...t/mosiactiles/

Should not have thought so ;-)

If you have a decent flat surface, then "normal" tiles ought to be about
as easy as you will get.

What problems have you had in the past? Perhaps we can suggest some tips
for better results...

Thanks all - think i'll give the mosaics a wide berth then. My 'cheap'
thinking was that it would either save me time.

Anyways, I'll get some plain 15cm ceramic tiles. And actually yes, the
last time I tried, bath to ceiling, the wall was very poor. While I did
make a horlicks of it, they did stay up for the 15 year I was there, and
remained watertight.

Any guides or pointers welcomed, especially for finishing, and the
worktop-meets-tile part.

--
Cheers, Rob