Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: And Now I Know

Bill wrote:
wrote:
On Sat, 9 Nov 2013 16:40:38 -0800 (PST), Sonny
wrote:

On Saturday, November 9, 2013 11:55:54 AM UTC-6, k
I haven't worn one since ~1984. No need. There are clocks in just
about everything that plugs in, these days.
The idea was not only to not be goverened by time, but not by so
many of today's gadgets, so much; to wean oneself from the clock,
first, then weaning oneself from, or becoming less dependent on,
"societal" gadgets, so much, becomes easier. Frees one from the
worries, complications, etc. the gadgets seem to carry with them,
impose(?) upon us, demand(?) from us, in order for us to best (sic)
function.

We're all governed by time. We only have so much. To not be
governed by time is to not have relationships, business or personal.

Maybe tis better to say that time is your servant, and not your
master... Of course, time gets the final word on the matter.

Could probably be viewed from either direction. I've just never felt that
the pressures that occur in life were some major inconvience to me. They
just are what they are. Time is not mine. Others have their own sense of
time/need. Sometimes my time and theirs conflict. I've never considered it
a problem to deal with that. I just don't get this slave to time stuff...

--

-Mike-