Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Reloading

On Sun, 10 Nov 2013 12:09:04 -0600, Karl Townsend
wrote:

Yep, 9mm just plain runs easier on my dillon 550 too. "the Kid" like
9mm best on his dillon 650. His biggest complaint is slightly
different size brass , like .38s. And some crimped primer brass. part
of the deal when you buy used range pick up.

9mm is much cheaper to shoot, i figure 15 cents - 8 bullet, 4 primer,
3 powder. I think you can reload the barss almost forever.

I almost don't shoot 5.56 or 7.62x51 anymore - to much $

Karl

Ive had various progressive presses over the years....from an elderly
C&H "Auto Champ" to Green Machines, to Lee Progressives etc etc...and
have had literally nothing but issues with each of them. The sole
remaining progressive is my C&H Auto Champ and once its set up..it
turns out decent pistol cartridges. But! Setting it up is something
of a pain in the ass when changing cartridges. Once its running...it
will keep cranking out rounds with little issue..but getting to that
point is a pain in the ass. So it has largely remained a .45 ACP setup
for the past 5 or more years

http://www.ch4d.com/equipment/presses/ac

http://www.ebay.com/itm/C-H-Auto-Cha...-/271301141894

Are the Dillons that good? Dad has one, and Ive never asked him about
issues.

Gunner

--
Liberals want everyone to think like them.
Conservatives want everyone to think.

---