Posted to alt.home.repair
Wes Groleau Wes Groleau is offline

Default Wifi thermometers

On 11-10-2013 10:31, Tony Hwang wrote:
Between thermostat and router is not a problem. Accessing the info on
temp. and humidity from any where in the world. Ideally best to have a
domain own name registered via DDNS. I can even see my house inside out
thru surveillance cameras from any where. When looking for one make sure
supplier [rovide DDNS for your use.

Your router has been changed from the default to allow these connections
to be initiated from the outside. That's a bit different from the
blanket statement that your "WiFi" can be accessed from the internet
anytime.

Hopefully, you have also had installed appropriate security to keep out
the censored

--
Wes Groleau

Pat's Polemics