Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RogerN RogerN is offline

Default Reloading

Yesterday I switched my Lee LoadMaster press from 223 to 9MM. After I got
it all setup, I ran 239 rounds and things went pretty smooth.

The case feeding isn't working good enough on 223 but works great on 9MM. I
plan to try some modifications to feed the 223 cases better.

I already had the brass primed and ready to go so my setup was station 1 -
size, 2 - expander, 3 - powder, 4 - bullet seat, 5 - crimp.

I was planning to use the Lee auto-disk pro powder measure for the 9MM but I
need the part to use pistol cases to activate the case activated powder
drop, so I robbed the Hornandy Lock N load powder measure off of the 223
setup.

It ran so well, I ran until I was out of the bullets (Winchester 115 grain
JHP) I set it up for.

It seems that the Lee LoadMaster works better with 9MM than it does the 223,
mostly because of case feeding. Previously I had powder spill problems with
223 but that seems to be solved by using finer powders, the long extruded
grains would bridge the neck sometimes. So I'm basically putting a bullet
on each case and pulling the handle, 1 loaded round per handle pull, I like
it, but there is a lot more to keep an eye on though.

RogerN