Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim...... tim...... is offline

Default OT Phishing emails. Am I being too sensitive?

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article , Tim+
wrote:

I got the below email last week and although it did refer to a domain
that I
own, I didn't like the way that the links to 123reg didn't appear to
lead
to 123reg.

http://www.zen31010.zen.co.uk/Inaccu...%20details.eml

This led me to very nearly ignoring the email as a "phishing" one but I
logged into the site directly (rather than through the links provided)
and
indeed there was a problem that I was able to sort out.

I contacted 123reg and expressed my dismay at their using obfuscated
links
but they responded with "I apologise that the emails look suspicious
however
we could not find any errors on our end regarding these emails."

Are they barkingly stupid or am I just being a bit paranoid?

Well it's the usual rubbish html that one expects to see in emails, but
all the links go to webfusion

why would this be a comfort to anyone

WTF is webfusion?

and they talk about being part of
webfusion at the end, so it's prolly OK.

So a spammer (pretending to be someone you have heard of) tells you he is
part of some other concern that you haven't heard of and you think this is a
good indication that it is not spam

Would you like to buy this bridge off me

tim

--
Tim

"That excessive bail ought not to be required, nor excessive fines
imposed,