Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Johnson[_2_] Peter Johnson[_2_] is offline

Default Affordable celotex

On Sun, 10 Nov 2013 08:20:58 +0000, RJH wrote:

Speaking with a friend, he's using it to fill cavities below ground. I
can see why, but he's relying on strength in compression (stop the
leaves pushing together), and I'd have thought there may be a bridging
risk. He also said you can lay flooring directly on top - doesn't sound
right to me. But this was after 4 pints ;-)

In domestic use having 6in of polystyrene (or similar, presumably)
under the floor is a Building Regs requirement.