Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default OT Phishing emails. Am I being too sensitive?

They are weird I think. They actually trade or use web sites under other
names I noticed when looking up contact details for a friend though, so
maybe they ar ejust confused.

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Tim+" wrote in message
I got the below email last week and although it did refer to a domain that
own, I didn't like the way that the links to 123reg didn't appear to lead
to 123reg.

http://www.zen31010.zen.co.uk/Inaccu...%20details.eml

This led me to very nearly ignoring the email as a "phishing" one but I
logged into the site directly (rather than through the links provided) and
indeed there was a problem that I was able to sort out.

I contacted 123reg and expressed my dismay at their using obfuscated links
but they responded with "I apologise that the emails look suspicious
however
we could not find any errors on our end regarding these emails."

Are they barkingly stupid or am I just being a bit paranoid?

Tim