Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default beware of the updates you install

On Sat, 9 Nov 2013, wrote:

BOTTOM POST QUESTION.

SOMEONE CLAIMED THEY USED TO WORK FOR MICROSOFT, IS IT TRUE THAT AT THEIR CORPORATE OFFICES THEY DID NOT USE WINDOWS ? (they use(d) Linux) ?

Or is that an urban legend ?

Seriously, I heard TWO people tell me that. Is it true, or WAS it ?

Who knows.

But, don't forget that once upon a time, Microsoft was in the Unix
business. In the early eighties they had their own version, Xenix, and it
was a legit version of Unix, done in conjunction with SCO. You could get
it for Radio Shack's 68000 computer, and for 8086 (I think) computers.

I can certainly seem them using fancier computers for development.

Michael