Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Down and dirty drawers

On 11/9/2013 12:32 PM, dpb wrote:
On 11/9/2013 8:33 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 11/8/2013 9:34 PM, dpb wrote:

Several seem to have been around at least 30-40 yr, a fair number are
newer...that's all w/o any knowledge at all of Houston and very quick
looking...

Yep, you and Google have it all figured out, from a thousand miles away,
no personal experience with Texas banking and history, and "w/o any
knowledge at all".

Yep, but I'd be pretty certain having looked at several of the
individual bank's filings they're pretty solid...

The point is, however, that there _ARE_ individual local banks even in
the metro areas still if you go find them. Not all are necessarily the
conglomerates.

--

Ok, consider local. For instance a bank across town for you "might"
mean a 10 mile drive. For me a drive across town would take 40 minutes