POP_Server=pop.clara.net

Default Scary lesson

"Ian Dodd" wrote

I was making the last of the four cuts with the
wood on edge in which the TS blade would be buried in the wood (the
next series of cuts would be with the wood flat and would complete the
rabet).

All of a sudden I heard a loud CLUNK! of the blade as it grabbed the
piece and it was launched out of my hands.

........................ I'm fairly certain my hands were well placed and
exposed to minimal risk. In a strange way, I'm glad it happened
because the occasional reminder is a good thing.

On my web site - Circular Sawbench Safety - Fences, there's information
about a tunnel guard suitable for such an operation.

Jeff G
--
Jeff Gorman - West Yorkshire - UK
Username for email is amgron