Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default can't remove tub spout from 2012

Stormin Mormon wrote in
:

On 11/8/2013 10:41 AM, wrote:
On Thursday, July 26, 2012 1:58:09 PM UTC-4, jamesgang wrote:
On Friday, July 20, 2012 12:25:16 PM UTC-4, J wrote:

I'm trying to replace my old tub spout, but can't get the
darned thing off. There's no set screw, so I assume it's
the screw-on type. I applied quite a bit of torque with a big
wrench, but the thing would not budge, though I could feel the
whole pipe assembly moving. In case it makes a difference,
there's no diverter on the tub spout, the diverter is a button
just below the shower knob on the shower knob assembly. I read in a
about using a propane torch, or possibly cutting the spout off -
though I'm not sure how I could do that without ruining the
pipe sticking out of the wall (is that that what's called the
nipple?), which I'd like to preserve in order to put the
replacement onto. This all in a big plastic tub/shower surround.
What are my best options to resolve this problem short of calling a
plumber? Thanks.
-J

Been a year and a half. Did that penetrating
oil work in, yet?

Doesn't that religion of yours teach patience Stormy?