Posted to alt.home.repair
Meanie[_4_] Meanie[_4_] is offline

Default Wifi thermometers

On 11/8/2013 4:59 PM, Kurt Ullman wrote:
Do most of the Wifi thermometers (NOT thermostats) have the ability to
access them from WAY for away. I am looking for a (relatively) cheap way
to keep tabs on the temp in my house while I am traveling. Can't tell
from just the descriptions on Amazon if they work like that and whether
I need to have a computer handy or if they can be accessed directly from
the router/modem.

Get one which uses an app for your smartphone, um, that is, if you use a
smartphone, otherwise, you will need a computer. I do believe most, if
not all, do use apps, but double check the one you purchase. The name
brands will have apps.

I have a Lennox furnace/ac system which came with it's own touch screen
wifi thermostat/thermometer. I am able to control the temp and program
from ANYWHERE I can get connection.