Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Are fiberglass hammer handles better than wood?

On Thu, 7 Nov 2013 19:20:40 +0100, nestork
wrote:

Here in Canada, Estwing is considered the Rolls Royce of hammers. But,
given that these hammers cost $50 or more, I've never owned or used an
Estwing hammer.

I have an Eswing bricklayer's hammer but I don't like their claw
hammers. The steel shaft telescopes the impact right to my wrist. I
like fiberglass because the grips tend to be better than wood.

Estwing makes a 3 pound all steel sledge hammer, called the B3-3LB.

http://tinyurl.com/oysemzp

http://www.estwing.com/

Apparantly, WalMart and Home Depot sell Estwing, so you should at least
be able to get one without paying a high mark up.

Estwing tools are made in Rockford, Illinois.